Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oldest DIY Trick in the Book

I’ve been making some progress on my craft room / office this week to my artwork wall. I found the right assortment of frames from just a couple different thrift stores, spent a good hour playing around getting the right arrangement, then spent another hour probably deciding on which color each would be.

With this as my color guide:

Olympic Audubon Grandeur Swatches

I decided on mix of silver, dark brown, turquoise, which meant I only needed a can of the last color (the perks of a growing spray paint collection). I decided on “Mediterranean” by Valspar.

PB130133

PB130135

After a few rounds of paint and reassembly:

PC100162

Still a couple empty frames that I slowly will fill as I find things.

PC100163

Postcard of a Van Gough’s flowers and of Tiffany’s stained glass, souvenirs from the Met; a photo from our wedding.

PC100165

A professional certificate; a vintage photo postcard; a peacock print over an antiqued book page, ordered from Black Baroque over on Etsy.
 PC100166

A photo art print from local art photographer from my San Juan Island vacation this summer; a square mirror.

A little spray paint goes a long way.

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin