Sunday, December 12, 2010

List Mania

I *love* lists. To-do lists. To-craft lists. Home-improvement projects lists. Christmas lists. Errand lists. Not much beats the satisfaction of crossing things (neatly with a highlighter so I can still see the item… don’t ask) off a list.

Years ago while visiting my husband’s aunt in Florida, we had stopped in at a Publix grocery store. There they were near the front doors- long narrow cardstock blank grocery lists, organized by departments. I did what I like to think any tourist without a Publix back home would do- I grabbed a stack. My favorite souvenir from the whole vacation. I kid you not, these have been a standing birthday present from his wonderful aunt ever since.

However, this tutorial from Beckie at Infarrantly Creative appeared in my Reader this week and I loved it.

IC Grocery List 
Using her generic grocery list as a guide, I drafted up my own with the items we commonly buy and in the order I pick them up throughout the grocery store. I made a simple table in Word and copied enough off for a year- I figure I’ll want at least tweak it a year from now, plus highlighter smears printer ink, but not copy toner :) Conveniently, I had some cardboard in the recycle bin with a scored fold the exact depth I needed.

PC110167 

I Mod-Podged on some stripey paper and attached the whole thing using the same plastic posts that Beckie used from Ace Harware.

PC110187

PC110189

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin