Monday, June 7, 2010

Grilled Artichokes with Pesto

There are some truths in life, not many, but certainly a few. Anything with pesto is better is definitely one of them. Another- patience adds so much pleasure to life.

It's artichoke season. Like strawberries, artichokes are absolutely delicious, but I restrain myself from buying the crazy-priced, shipped from Mexico or where ever, off-season versions. So May and June I buy the heck out of them and savor their in-season glorious-ness. I'm a firm believer that they ARE better because I have waited for them.

Anyway, on with the recipe.

Halve artichokes, cut off stem and tops of leaves. Boil for 15 minutes.

Rub with pesto (optional: add some lemon juice, salt and pepper). Place on grill for another 15 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin