Monday, June 28, 2010

Adventures in paint samples, part three

So, my grand celery lime green plans turned out to be DOA in the kitchen. It was certainly unexpected to have a *perfect* color turn out to be totally *imperfect* for the project in mind. I blogged, I reflected, I day-dreamed longingly at Celery Sticks, wondering what went wrong while sitting in my yet to be painted craft room / office......

Wait..... [holds paint sample chip up against wall.... against funky turquoise lamp I knew I wanted to include...]

Hello, new craft room / office color! So nice to meet you!

Of course, it wasn't that easy. There were other hues in consideration and one paint sample purchase, Glidden's Peach A La Mode. Light, airy, would look great with turquoise, not super girly, yet still fun. After all it wasn't *pink*, right? Until it went on the wall.

Um, yeah, it looked pink. I knew deep down it was a light peach, but still...

I wasn't about to buy a gallon, spend two days putting it up on the walls, and spend the next however many years convincing myself it was "Peach, silly, not pink. Why would a grown woman's office be pink?" I wasn't going to risk it. Again, best $3 mistake I could have made.

For some inspiration, here was what I was originally thinking:


This is Heather Bailey's studio. Still totally love it and thinks what she has done is dreamy. Just can't pull the "light peach" bullet.

Another craft room inspiration I've seen floating all around the 'net that I absolutely love:


Looks very Marta Stewart / Pottery Barn -ish, but I've never seen citation info. Too close to the kitchen color, so I knew I didn't want to do this color for my room too. Love, love, love it though.

Hopefully, in a week or so I will have a somewhat put together craft room / office... So I can move back to the kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin