Monday, March 29, 2010

Asparagus with baby carrots

Yet another veggie I have never bought: asparagus. I think I've only had it a few times in my life at all, but with Easter next weekend of course it was all over the end caps in the produce section. Wanting to make a quick (which often means vegetarian as well) meal, I mixed it with a few other veggie staples.

Saute with olive oil and a dash of water:

1 bunch of asparagus spears, cut in halves

2/3 pounds baby carrots

1 yellow onion, chopped into wide slivers

1 tablespoon minced garlic

Severed with mashed red potatoes with chives and cottage cheese with strawberry slices. I have been more frequently making dinners sans meat for a variety of reasons, but the best reason I've come to realize has been time and ease. Not having to defrost anything nor worry about cross-contaminating the cutting board has been a great surprise feature of going vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin