Friday, March 26, 2010

9 days, 20 projects

As with every break, I spend the weeks leading up to it dreaming and planning of all I want to accomplish. Having just moved into our first home six weeks ago, this spring break is no different. Especially with our first house guests coming into town next weekend! I always seem to make overly ambitious lists, but here it goes:

1. Run 25 miles (crazy I know, but this will help keep me motivated for everything else)

2. Register for 1/2 marathon (I'm excited, it's going to be an women-only event!)

3. Organize master closet

4. Install new towel bars in master bathroom

5. Organize under-the-stairs closet

6. Install under-the-sink pull-out trays in kitchen (love, love, love little features like this)

7. Install hall lights (there's three of them; I'm going to hope they don't warrant their own line item)

8. Install dining room chandelier

9. Finish demo of hall bathroom and clean out (I'm going to have to be realistic with this project, as much as I can't wait to start tiling)

10. Finish half bathroom (only a few things left- touch-up paint, hook up sink, install backsplash)

11. Set up guest bedroom

12. Finish unpacking and organizing remaining items in the garage (those last few random boxes are always the hardest to unpack, aren't they?)

13. Assemble barbecue grill and try out

14. Try a few new recipes

15. Prep backyard for vegetable garden

16. Set up composting bin

17. Prep front yard for grass seed

18. Wash both cars (praying for an afternoon of sun sometime this week)

19. Steam clean couches (wanted to do this right after moving... yeah, didn't happen)

20. Order moving announcements (WAY overdue...)


Okay, I've thought of a few more...

21. Donate items (amazing how many things you pack and move, but unpack to realize you really don't need it anymore)

22. Get library card and set up online request list (yes, I'm one of those who hogs up all the hot new releases before they hit the shelves :)

23. Update iPod running playlist

24. Try a few new running loops

25. Take before and after photos of all these house projects to aid in the shameless bragging that will occur in this blog in the coming weeks:)


Okay, now I'm really done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin