Saturday, February 12, 2011

Washed, Ironed, and Ready to Begin

Finally, yesterday my fabrics came that I ordered for the Colorbrick quilt I am doing. My goal this weekend is to cut all my bricks out and purchase a taupe-y, traditional linen that will serve as the sashing and backing.

Quilt Fabrics

To come to my final decision I read a bunch of different recommendations for how to choose the right collection of fabrics, because I knew there had to be a science to making it seem so natural.

Of course I can’t seem to find the article I liked the best now to link to, but essentially I found the *one* fabric that sang to me (the flower one in the middle) that (usually) contains the entire color family, then built off of that.

The plaid has all the same colors, but with a white base it looks more complementary than a repetition. Then I picked two darker and two lighter fabrics. I love how I have a mix of natural elements and geometry patterns too. The light blue herringbone print will be the binding and an emergency back-up choice should there be a problem :)

Fabric and designer names listed here, purchase was from Fabric.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin