Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All Laid Out

With a long holiday weekend that began with a quick delivery of my sashing and backing linen fabric, I was able to cut, layout, and begin sewing together my quilt top. I was quite surprised how easy it is coming together (granted it’s a total beginner’s pattern) and I ahve been able to get this far without a single mis-measure or mis-cut. As much as I love, love, love my fabrics, I love that fact even more.

Here’s my final layout spread over the dining room and coffee tables. No chance I’d try laying this out on the floor- my dogs would think it was fair game within 3 seconds. I hope to have the top completely done this weekend and be ordering my quilting foot.

 Laid Out

References:

Quilt pattern and directions via Stitched In Color
Fabric choices via my previous post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin