Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Mantel

After taking ages to get a basic (summer-ish) mantel display   going, I swore I wouldn’t let myself feel like I had to do a fall spread- just shoot for something to carry over the Christmas-winter months. But, alias, that permission didn’t last.

As soon as October hit, I was on the hunt for gourds. The uglier, the better. Less than a dollar each, plus a small bag of faux fruit and some faux fall leaves. Not too bad for not really knowing how it would turn out.

Fall 1

Fall 2

Yeah, I know, I really need to find some fall-y candles and I am on the hunt for a great rustic burnt red, orange, or maybe even olive-y green vase. Perhaps even replace the photos or artwork altogether. I tell myself to let it go so that next fall I can really do a bang-up up job on mantel. Surprisingly, it’s worked really well for this Type A+ perfectionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin