Thursday, July 29, 2010

Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad

P7290457

A few weeks ago I tried a similar dish at a catered lunch and loved it and has been nagging me to make it at home. As a little kid I thought it was completely weird to use peanut butter with dinner, because of course that’s what it tasted like. But even way back then I was like “…. this isn’t that weird, it’s actually kind of good”. Which of course I thought that was weird.

This was a super easy dinner to make, really only requiring peanut sauce beyond ingredients I always have on hand (no, I didn’t make the sauce from scratch…. maybe another day). It’s also a perfect summer meal that would be great chilled as well as warm.

1/2 green pepper, very thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper, very thinly sliced
2 dozen baby carrots, julienned
1 cup snow peas
1/4 cup spicy peanut sauce (found in the Asian food aisle)
a couple handfuls of long pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti, nothing special)
crushed dry peanuts, sliced green onions to garnish

While the pasta is boiling, placed the rinsed snow peas into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down to low heat and continue cooking for just another minute until tender crisp. Rinse in cold water.

Next put the julienned carrots in boiling water for a few minutes to cook until tender crisp. Meanwhile, thinly slice the snow peas diagonally. Rinse the carrots in cold water.

Drain pasta and toss with veggies. Drizzle over with peanut sauce and sprinkle with dry peanuts.

P.S. It looks like a little one of my little red potatoes snuck into the corner of the photo . We just harvested a bunch right before dinner. We harvested our fingerlings just last week. We are swimming in fancy-smancy little potatoes. Looks like I need to find a few potato recipes to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin