Monday, July 18, 2011

What I’ve Been Up To….

Momentum on the house has anything but lulled, just my diligence in bragging out it:) So in no particular order here’s some of the projects of the last few months…

After nearly a year and a half without a backyard and a weekend of major work, I finally got to trade this in

P6260268

… for this:

P7180297

I have never been happier to now have a weekly date with the lawn mower. The bright, shiny white deck was also a major overall project bringing that back to life.

…………………………………………………………….

I also have managed to yet again over do it on jam making. Thought I was playing it safe with intending to only make one kind: triple berry. Wasn’t expecting 37 jars. Now I feel like I *have* to make apricot jam as well just so I don’t get absolutely sick of such a wonderful thing.

P7140296

I’m sure pears and tomatoes will tempt me again later this summer, once the jams have been shelved away in the garage out of memory.

…………………………………………………………….

After folding to the temptations of beautiful fall and winter store-bought wreaths, I was adamant I would make my own spring/summer wreath. I was quite happy when I was able to turn this quick stop at the craft store

P4060233

…in to this:

  P7180302

…………………………………………………………….

And lastly, I finally finished the for-now redo of the master bath. The white and teal ceramic tiles is staying for the time being, but the Hollywood lighting and sheet mirror had to do.

Here’s a before, before from move in:

Before 1

Here’s the new light fixture and mirrors:

P7180308

I’ll spare you the photo of the awesome new toilet :)

…………………………………………………………….

I hope to finish organizing and setting up the garage, finally creating a *proper* guest bedroom, and re-stain the front door before summer is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin