Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Half Bath is Done!


After some plumbing hook-up delays, we finally have our first room in the house done, completely done..... but I still will be keeping an eye out for wall art.... Here is what it looked like at move-in. A total builder-grade blank slate.


Since I already shared how I did the stripes here, I won't repeat myself, except for how much I *love, love, love* them. So, here's the run down of the hardware:

$20 light fixture (Costco)
$65 swivel mirror (Lowe's)
$90 faucet (Lowe's)
$5 each tp and hand towel holder (Costco, part of a 6-piece bathroom hardware kit)
$230 marble countertop and side splash with built-in under-mount sink (Lowe's, total splurge here, but love it almost as much as my stripes)

$90 dual-flush toilet (Costco; the hippie in me loves this!)



And for the accessories, I went the total "less is more" approach with mother-of-pearl soap pump (TJ Maxx), giant seashell from a years-ago Florida vacation, and sage green hand towels (Target)

With paint and other little things (like light switch plates), the grand total came in around $600. Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin